Whit's just (maybe) broke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whit's just (maybe) broke?

Last night, on the wy to a Crissy night out in Dunblane, I was on a straight bit of road doing about 60ish when there as a suden and reasonably loud kind of metalic clicky rattly noise (a bit like pinking, but louder) came from the back end of the Surf.

Didn't last long, sort of quietened down and faded away in about 30 seconds. I turned and went back home, the car drove perfectly all the way.

Anyone got any idea what this could have ben?

Eventually went to Dunblane in Shirley's car BTW.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Right, took it for a run today and nothing; not a peep.

Only thing I noticed is that I may have had it in 4WD (Idiot light doesn't work), would axle wind up cause what I heard?

Comment

You got A/T tyres on? maybe driveway gravel working out the treads sounds serious sometimes for a few seconds
      Brian

Comment

I have got AT tyres, but no driveway! Wasn't that kind of noise, gravel would be random, this was more even.

Comment

If it comes back give me a shout and come over and we can have a wee look at it.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
            If it comes back give me a shout and come over and we can have a wee look at it.
            Will do. Almost impossible to diagnose a fault that's not there!

I've had it out to Stirling then along the Motorway to Falkirk then back home, nothing wrong apart from maybe a slight whine from the diff.

Comment

Working...
            X