fuel primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

right checked all fuel lines and none are blocked, have got fuel from the tank to the primer, from the primer to the pump, and from the pump to the injectors, but she still won't go, can't be the plugs as she ran fine before i changed the filter. fuel is presureizing ok

any ideas??????

Comment

at the injectors is there fuel pumping on each pump stroke
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

this maybe a stab in the dark but could it be the stop solinoid stopping it starting or have you knocked any connections around the fuel filter or if all else fails have tried to bump start it as yours a manual????
        cheers shaun
        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
          at the injectors is there fuel pumping on each pump stroke
          yep there is the next step would be $$$$ in the injectors, but i'll wait for the good doctor to have a look this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
            this maybe a stab in the dark but could it be the stop solinoid stopping it starting or have you knocked any connections around the fuel filter or if all else fails have tried to bump start it as yours a manual????
            cheers shaun
            try bump starting it a couple of days ago and it did'nt want to start, as for the stop solinoid not sure but can't see it being that as all i did was change the filter, and i have checked all connections

Comment

it's alive, big thanks to tony for sortin it out. it turned out just to be air still trapped in it

thanks again tony

Comment

update

just taken it out for a spin and it's got no get up and go had a go down the motorway and could only 40mph in 3rd gear. i'm guessing it has got $$$$ in the injectors is this right, as it runs fine when under no strain, but as you go to pull away it lacks big time, the turbo is working so it's not that, if in a sense feels restricted, so are the injectors bloked???????
                Last edited by sledge; 23 December 2007, 20:35.

Comment

Have you cleaned the fuel filtter in your fuel tank?

Comment

Working...
                  X