No announcement yet.

Help, do these hoses really come off???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, do these hoses really come off???

These are the two water hoses that run across the front of the cam belt cover and then run up along the side of the rocker cover toward the bulkhead. This pic is just beside the aircon unit and the hoses are clipped onto pipes.
    1. Do they really come off these pipes or am I wasting my time ?
    2. Why the funny clips, why not just jubilee ones??

Originally posted by JimL
    These are the two water hoses that run across the front of the cam belt cover and then run up along the side of the rocker cover toward the bulkhead. This pic is just beside the aircon unit and the hoses are clipped onto pipes.
    1. Do they really come off these pipes or am I wasting my time ?
    2. Why the funny clips, why not just jubilee ones??

Tony says,...
    1. yes they do
    2. they are just funny clips and you put a bar in the hole at the top and untwist them.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

no probs rippin the left hand one off but the hoses are stuck fast, its the kinda thing a job always ends with as it gets dark, one bugger you just cant move and it pi$$es you off all evening until you can get back out to it in the morning. Daftest clips yet though!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
        no probs rippin the left hand one off but the hoses are stuck fast, its the kinda thing a job always ends with as it gets dark, one bugger you just cant move and it pi$$es you off all evening until you can get back out to it in the morning. Daftest clips yet though!

Hehe yeah and in the morning it just pops easily off and makes you look a fool.....
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          Hehe yeah and in the morning it just pops easily off and makes you look a fool.....

rubber hoses always stick to the metal, get a small screwdriver between the end of the hose and the metal pipe underneath, then twist the hose. this should break the seal

Comment

cheers bluey

Comment

Working...
            X