Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof mystery

Hi,
    Does anyone know anything about the electric sunroofs ? I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Basicly the back of the sunroof seems to have dropped about 1/2 an inch and no longer sits flush, also the sunroof won't open with the electrics, I can do it maunualy tho. When you press the switch for the sunroof all that happens is that the motor runs but doesn't seem to wind the roof.
    There is a brighter side tho, at least the roof aint leaking !!!..........yet !

Originally posted by bobafatass
    Hi,
    Does anyone know anything about the electric sunroofs ? I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Basicly the back of the sunroof seems to have dropped about 1/2 an inch and no longer sits flush, also the sunroof won't open with the electrics, I can do it maunualy tho. When you press the switch for the sunroof all that happens is that the motor runs but doesn't seem to wind the roof.
    There is a brighter side tho, at least the roof aint leaking !!!..........yet !
    OK.

There is nothing to adjust in the sunroof as far as I could see when I replaced mine. It is held in by 12 bolts I think, maybe the rear two have stripped allowing it to drop.

However I think the most obvious problem is that it isn't closed properly. It has to drop at the start of going back to slide under the roof. Wind it in manually until it is closed all the way and it should come back up to flush.

If the motor is running then the problem is the worm shafts are stripped. There are two flexible worm gears that go either side of the sunroof mechanism and are what pulls it forwards and backwards. If they have stripped teeth (very common) then it ain't going anywhere.

You will need to drop down the headlining to check it out and probably remove the sunroof unit.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X