Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noisy engine & oil trouble

Hi peeps,
    I have a 92 2.4td surf, my prob is it started to get a rattle in the engine and the other day whilst having a swift check round the engine I found oil coming from the intake gasket actually both end ports.
    Now I was wondering before I go in for a look and scare myself regid does anyone have any knowledge of this.

rattly engine

if it is a light tapping sound on idle that increses when you rev the engine and gets louder it would most likely be big ends a expensive job to fix . as for oil geting into inlet manifold can be a number of things turbo bearings /and ther oiiil seals gone/ piston ring wear oil coming from turbo is a common they nearly all put a small amount of oil into the inlet manifold. having rebuilt over 50 of these engines over the last few years give us a call and i wiill try to help you 07836288198

Comment

Originally posted by gerry mann
      if it is a light tapping sound on idle that increses when you rev the engine and gets louder it would most likely be big ends a expensive job to fix . as for oil geting into inlet manifold can be a number of things turbo bearings /and ther oiiil seals gone/ piston ring wear oil coming from turbo is a common they nearly all put a small amount of oil into the inlet manifold. having rebuilt over 50 of these engines over the last few years give us a call and i wiill try to help you 07836288198
      Gerry, I have saved your number, just in case the worst happens.
      ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Working...
      X