atf leek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atf leek

i got a atf leek from my gear box from what iam told its comeing from the displacer ??
    when i have runn my surf untill its hot and iam useing the gear box off road when flicking through L1 reverse drive atf starts to leek out quite fast
    i dont go that far to go off roading so it dont leek till i get there
    and when iam on a long run on the road i have done about 14 miles or so
    it start to do it again
    all so i have to check to atf levels alot (for this reason) i check the atf when eneine is cold and not running and the levels looking ok
    i start it up and the levels go realy down is that normal
    and dose that sound like its the dissplacer thats leeking?
    iam not that worryed i keep 10lt of atf in the surf at all times
    carnt hurt it unless it runs dry (i hope)

i have no idea with auto boxes
    so i need some info please anyone
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Originally posted by JUDWAK
    i
    all so i have to check to atf levels alot (for this reason) i check the atf when eneine is cold and not running and the levels looking ok
    Motor needs to running with it in park to check level. Not sure what the displacer is, do you mean the Torque Convertor?

Where is the oil coming out from?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

well thats what i thought it was called Torque Convertor but it was said to me about a dissplacer??? but yes my bet is he means the Torque Convertor

the atf is driping off between the air con rad and the gear box (i get a better idea ) i go a look my self (hurt my back) but iam going under the surf to see
      Last edited by JUDWAK; 27 November 2007, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
        well thats what i thought it was called Torque Convertor but it was said to me about a dissplacer??? but yes my bet is he means the Torque Convertor

the atf is driping off between the air con rad and the gear box (i get a better idea ) i go a look my self (hurt my back) but iam going under the surf to see
        There's a bunch of hydraulic valves and solenoids in autos (which do the gear changing) -- maybe that's what the guy means?

Comment

If its anywhere in front of the gearbox, it can only be leaking out of the cooler in the bottom of the rad, or its pipe. The convertor dosn't normally leak, but it runs in a seal on the front of the gearbox that could be worn, if its leaking out of the front seal of the gearbox it'll be running out of the bellhousing.

Generally if the convertor itself is foobarred, you won't be going anywhere or truck won't drive properly.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            If its anywhere in front of the gearbox, it can only be leaking out of the cooler in the bottom of the rad, or its pipe. The convertor dosn't normally leak, but it runs in a seal on the front of the gearbox that could be worn, if its leaking out of the front seal of the gearbox it'll be running out of the bellhousing.

Generally if the convertor itself is foobarred, you won't be going anywhere or truck won't drive properly.
            just washed it off (was a bit muddy)
            from what i could see it looks like it is comeing from the bell houseing iam sure it looks a dent on the seal (the houseing) i need to get it in the air and look
            be back in 1 hour or so
            iam going to look at right this time

Comment

i think its the front seals (i think?) its leeking from the bell houseing just above were the propshaft gose in to the box like thing (trasfer box may be)at the front just under the drivers seat
              is it the seals or the Torque Convertor?
              dissplacer i carnt see one of those

Comment

Working...
              X