Speedo and a/t light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo and a/t light problem

Hi.....new here and recently become proud owner of a surf!
    Got a problem and hoping someone can help. Last week my speedo stopped working and the orange o/d off light started to flash on and off while driving.everything seems to work ok but the tick over is a wee bit slower i think!
    Help!

Originally posted by edwards653
    Hi.....new here and recently become proud owner of a surf!
    Got a problem and hoping someone can help. Last week my speedo stopped working and the orange o/d off light started to flash on and off while driving.everything seems to work ok but the tick over is a wee bit slower i think!
    Help!

The flashing O/D light is indicating there is a problem with the transmission, which in this case the speedo sensor. As your truck is a 1992 model, you have an electronic speedo which picks up it's 'signal' from a sensor on the transmission. It's the last sensor (furthest one from the engine)
    The sensor either knackered or the plug is loose.

Comment

Thanks.....I'll get a look at it tomorrow.Will let you know how i get on!

Comment

How did you get on, as I am having the same problem on my Surf and unable to find any loose cables, so may have to take of dash and check connection there?

Thanks in advance?

Comment

Hey... still no joy for me!!! Been unable so far to locate a speed sensor so i can renew it. Pretty frustrating but i suppose that goes with the territory when we buy our imports!!!

Comment

Working...
          X