yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

original radio gone! no interior,door or clock lights !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original radio gone! no interior,door or clock lights !

hi folks
    i'm loving my new truck and cant wait to fill up with veegie oil ! )j reg grey)
    ONE small prob . . . . i bought the wagon with no stereo, , , i also have no interior light,no red warning lights in doors and no internal lcd clock display !
    IS this because the original stereo has been removed ! i've checked the fuses and they're appear intact !
    I read in an old post about some sort of britsh stereo loom converter ? is that what i need ! ( wiring block convertor )
    ANY HELP would be much appreciated !
    FULL convert here ! i'm never going back from a 4x4 !
    thanks
    richard
    " loving my surf "

The clock may be because it's not been reconnected when the stereo was removed.

Red lights: Do the other interior lights come on? If so, check the bulbs, if not, check the fuses (drivers side footwell)

There's dozens of posts about stereos, but basically so long as the original wiring is in place, you can buy an adapter for the loom to fit a new stereo. Stereo will bolt in, not slide in. You have to remove the 3 bottom dash panels to fit it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Oh... Welcome to the forum.

Comment

cheers andy ! i haven't checked the bulbs though i doudt they've all gone ! ie all interior lights including rear and door lights !

if an original stereo was removed and the loom plugs left disconnected ! would this some how stop the above features' working ! ie break the circit !

i've checked the fuses and they're all ok ! it appears someone has removed the original stereo and just left me a hole !

any ideas ? would an original head unit reconnected solve it or am i barking up the wrong tree
        i live in the middle of nowhere and just finding the ignition is a struggle at night without interior lights . . . i can live with no stereo as i love hearing the turbo ! !
        richard
        " loving my surf "

Comment

The lack of interior lights has nothing to do with the stereo. Do they work with any of the doors, or none of them?

Have you checked both fuse boxes? One in the engine bay and one in the panel in the drivers foot well.

I'm off to bed now, been nightshift, but the grown ups will be along soon; they'll help more than me...

Comment

well done andy !
            thanks for your help thus far !
            no interior lights with any of the doors open ! i HAVE checked the fuses in the footwell but not under the bonnet !

richard !
            " loving my surf "

Comment

Working...
            X