inner cv joint rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inner cv joint rubber

Can anyone tell me if it is easy to replace the rubber on the inner cv joint, or am I best looking for a garage to do this? Thanks in advance
    Work to live...

might as well get both done dont know if easy as mechanic done mine , said it was a shame i didnt get both [inner , outer]as inner was a bit perished
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. how much did it cost ya if you don't mind me asking?
      Work to live...

Comment

it was the mech from work so cannot really give you a price to compare , it was about £40 but he also done starter motor
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          it was the mech from work so cannot really give you a price to compare , it was about £40 but he also done starter motor
          i done the inner cv boot on the passenger side on mine and it was easy enough to do.i have to re-do it as its split again so 'ill do the inner and outer at the same time
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by chrispick
            Can anyone tell me if it is easy to replace the rubber on the inner cv joint, or am I best looking for a garage to do this? Thanks in advance
            Remove the nuts from the flange inner end of shaft. Do this before you remove the wheel as they are very tight use the wheel to turn the shaft with a 17mm spanner on the nut it will stop against the rail do each like this then remove wheel.
            Remove center cover hub cover and nuts and cone washers leave these nuts on at the end of the threads till you draw the cover off remove drawing bolts and tap cover back on this releases the cone washers and stops them pinging all over the place, undo bolt on end of the shaft remove circlip put a trolley jack under the wishbone get a mate to help as you have to mess about with the height to allow the inner end to drop through the wishbone then shaft will slide out.

Have a look here some pics are missing but you get the idea its actually very easy job on the surf.
            http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm
            Last edited by yoshie; 17 November 2007, 14:03.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X