Insurance and Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and Springs

Hi everyone, I have a 93 2.4TD auto. I have the 20% stronger springs from Milner, question, how high do you need to raise the vehicle to get the springs out?
    Second question is on premiums, been insured with the AA for two years and now they are asking for £1214. Who is the best firm to contact, oh yes I am a young 58 so maybe they think I am too old to handle it.
    Last edited by Burian; 7 November 2007, 22:48.

Originally posted by Burian
    Hi everyone, I have a 93 2.4TD auto. I have the 20% stronger springs from Milner, question, how high do you need to raise the vehicle to get the springs out?
    Second question is on premiums, been insured with the AA for two years and now they are asking for £1214. Who is the best firm to contact, oh yes I am a young 58 so maybe they think I am too old handle it.

Just get the shocks bottoms undone and jack it right up, then get good spring compressors on them, that should do it.

That is maga money for insurance try Adrian Flux
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Hi everyone, I have a 93 2.4TD auto. I have the 20% stronger springs from Milner, question, how high do you need to raise the vehicle to get the springs out? - jack it up, compress the springs and out they come, alternatively drop the axle down by removing all stabiliser arm bolts and shocks.
      Second question is on premiums, been insured with the AA for two years and now they are asking for £1214. Who is the best firm to contact, oh yes I am a young 58 so maybe they think I am too old handle it.
      I use adrian flux £481 fully comp.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
        I use adrian flux £481 fully comp.
        Me too, £450 fully comp, unlimited miles and my wife on there too, and im 27
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Check this sticky;

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1311

It lists all the insurance companies that cover surfs.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Lifesure - £356 fully comp, insured and spouse, full no claims.

Found them to be the cheapest for me personally.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Tesco, Fully comp with protected NCD & Spouse = £214 and I'm 57, so you're paying way over the odds with the AA
              Mike G

Comment

Sureterm for me, best quote ended up at £386 fully comp - after a little 'negotiating'

Comment

That insurance seems really steep!
                  Mine: Swinton -- £450 fully comp; I'm 26 with 2 years NCB, an expired SP50 & I've been banned once (160mph on an empty motorway at 2am... damn that Audi!)

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
                    Lifesure - £356 fully comp, insured and spouse, full no claims.

Found them to be the cheapest for me personally.
                    lifesure for surf insurance is the best i could find.

why so high at your....erm....age, young man. that's the sort of price they come out with for surfers under 25!!!! not an experienced driver.
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for the info. Have sorted insurance at reasonable rate, never was going to pay the AA price. Tried twice to reason with them so its their loss. Thanks again.

Comment

Just had my renewal through from Adrian Flux, £529. Phoned them up to update my details and mods and it stayed exactly the same.

Roadsure were meant to phone me back to quote yesterday, Lifesure won't cover me, i'm too young for their Hilux Surf Policy apparently.

All the others just keep putting me through to this broker finder service where you answer a load of questions then they ask is it an import? Is it modified? You say yes and they search their database and say sorry we don't have anyone listed who covers modified imported 4x4s for young drivers
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

after 3 years with lifesure i changed over to adrian flux just because all the truck mods are covered old for new and on the plius side i'm covered for off road use aswell now
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Second question is on premiums, been insured with the AA for two years and now they are asking for £1214. Who is the best firm to contact, oh yes I am a young 58 so maybe they think I am too old to handle it.
                            Where do they get off charging that! Nobody tries harder to find you lowest quote my arse. My Surf is £340 from Privelege, my TT Supra only costs £480 and it's a wee bit nippier than the Surf.

Comment

Working...
                            X