Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine missing under power

Hi guys,

My engine has started missing intermittently, its very lumpy under load and then will suddenly clear itself, I have been pulling quite a lot of heavy loads recently and although it first did it while I was pulling a boat with the trailers brakes stuck on now it is continuing while running solo..
    Any ideas guys, I thought it may be fuel related but I know nothing about engines...
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Either over-injecting (see a garage) or fuel filter needs replacing (fairly easy home job)

Comment

Fuel filter should definitely be your first port of call.

Comment

I would change the oil an filter too if you've been lugging heavy loads frequently.

Comment

Found the problem, a wire had come loose on the solenoid, it had broken at some point and someone had fixed it with electrical tape, when the tape started to come loose it started missing, tonight it came off completely and left me on the side of the road, after inspection found the wire put a new bullet connector on and bingo...

Thanks for the advice tho guys...

Just need to sort out the stuck diff now....
          Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
            Found the problem, a wire had come loose on the solenoid, it had broken at some point and someone had fixed it with electrical tape, when the tape started to come loose it started missing, tonight it came off completely and left me on the side of the road, after inspection found the wire put a new bullet connector on and bingo...

Thanks for the advice tho guys...

Just need to sort out the stuck diff now....

Probably the same cure then.

Comment

Working...
            X