yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

surf running perfect at last !!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf running perfect at last !!!!!!!!!!!!

well it's been a stressfull expensive 5 month relationship with the surf so far.certainly a high maintaince burd !!!.but after new head,plugs,80amp fuse,belts,rad,springs,shocker s,wipers,radio,induction kit and service it is running like a dream now.
    the shocks were so easy to change it was boring.didnt even have to take the back wheels off.
    the K&N sounds wicked ! but i guess it isnt making alot of difference until i fit a free flowing exuast.
    before anybody asks i have no idea where to get them as K&N claim they dont make one and cant even match the oem part no.i bought mine from a top bloke on this forum (cmr386.many thanks again Chris) who had no use for it anymore as he has bought a thrid gen which it doesnt fit.
    anyway could anyone tell me do i have to book in advance for the pit on the 15th march ?
    what time do i have to be there for ?
    and is it me worth pulling my steps and mudflaps off before i go ?
    many thanks to all the people who have helped me on this forum i wouldnt have got anywhere near this far with getting it sorted without you

regards Paul.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PabloO; 26 February 2004, 17:31.

Originally posted by PabloO
    well it's been a stressfull expensive 5 month relationship with the surf so far.certainly a high maintaince burd !!!.but after new head,plugs,80amp fuse,belts,rad,springs,shocker s,wipers,radio,induction kit and service it is running like a dream now.
    the shocks were so easy to change it was boring.didnt even have to take the back wheels off.
    the K&N sounds wicked ! but i guess it isnt making alot of difference until i fit a free flowing exuast.
    before anybody asks i have no idea where to get them as K&N claim they dont make one and cant even match the oem part no.i bought mine from a top bloke on this forum (cmr386.many thanks again Chris) who had no use for it anymore as he has bought a thrid gen which it doesnt fit.
    anyway could anyone tell me do i have to book in advance for the pit on the 15th march ?
    what time do i have to be there for ?
    and is it me worth pulling my steps and mudflaps off before i go ?
    many thanks to all the people who have helped me on this forum i wouldnt have got anywhere near this far with getting it sorted without you

regards Paul.
    Paul.

Good news that it's all running great at last. With all that work you done on it you will have a good strong reliable motor now.

For the 15th at the pit just send a PM to Koi as he will run the list and send the names to them so that hopefully if enough want to come we get the discount. You don't need to pay in advance just when you get there.

I wouldn't take the steps off unless you are planning on fitting side bars or rock sliders before you go. Although they compromise the breakover angle somewhat they do give you some much needed side protection as the course is pretty full of ruts and you will hit the steps quite a bit entering and leaving some of the holes. Without them you will hit the sills.

All depends on how serious you are going to get there. I have taken off my side steps but at the moment I am running road tyres so I can never get in that much trouble or into places where I am liable to damage the car - Rock sliders are hopefully going to be coming so that when I get my mud terrains and can get into some of the more serious places, I will have the protection I need.

Mudflaps shouldn't be a problem although Jason ripped one of his off last time.

One thing you might want to do is get a friendly exhaust place to cut, bend and re-route the exhaust so that it exists at the side just behind the passenger side rear wheel arch / mudflap.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X