X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flushing water out

normaly when i flush a car i use radx
    run it for a while (till running temp)
    then drop all the water/radx out and then flush the whole system by taking off the inlet and outlet pipes
    and joining a hose pipe up to the inlet on the bulk head and a hose pipe up to the inlet to the engine and blow out with high pressure water un till all the gunk brown stuff is out (about an hour)
    my surf has been stud for 3 years it must be flushed i know
    is there a better way of doing it? and is radx ok to use on a surf
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Sounds OK to me , just not to high a pressure as the Surf rads aheaters are a little 'soft' and you may cause a leak . I usually back flush the haeter matrix as a lot of junk settles in there .If you have a rear heater , the little pipes that run to the rear often block completly and can cause an air lock .
    When refilling follow the write ups on here , they will help alot . Search button time
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

After flushing I always refill with straight demineralised water then go for a drive. I then drain again.without flushing with tap water. This get rid of the majority of minerals etc that would have been in the tap water.Refill with proper amount of coolant concentrate and enough demineralised water to fill the system.

Nev

Comment

thanks guys
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
        X