2LTE Fault Codes + Black smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2LTE Fault Codes + Black smoke

I keep getting the engine check light coming on when accelerating and the revs get to around 3500, if I slow down and let the revs die down the light goes out, so I thought I would check the code today, it came back as 11 – 12, can any one point a finger at what the problem is and suggest a cure please, also it is very hard to start, taking allot of coaxing and it seams to be missing until hard revs have been achieved plus there is allot of black smoke to begin with and on acceleration.

Originally posted by sonicsi
    I keep getting the engine check light coming on when accelerating and the revs get to around 3500, if I slow down and let the revs die down the light goes out, so I thought I would check the code today, it came back as 11 – 12, can any one point a finger at what the problem is and suggest a cure please, also it is very hard to start, taking allot of coaxing and it seams to be missing until hard revs have been achieved plus there is allot of black smoke to begin with and on acceleration.
    Have a look at post 3 here as it has a list of the codes
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=fault+codes
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Still shouting then I see!

Didn't you have this same problem last year?

Comment

Yep! And still not got an answer that has sloved it, only diferance is different codes

Comment

Being a simple chap, I'll punt for the simple answer.

Could it be a loose electrical conection caused by the vibration at 3500rpm?

does it do it when in neutral?
          or only when driving?
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Never tried to make it do it whilst standing in nutral but it's not exactly at 3500 revs but somewhere around their, all electrical conections are sound what ever it is has to be something to do with code 11-12 but I can't seem to find any wher that has that code!

Comment

Try here for fault codes;

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/

Could be fuel related, or TPS
              Last edited by plumb bob; 30 September 2007, 19:40.
              Rob

Comment

Cheers Bob, but the answers there just seem to be in japanese to me, because I don't realy know what they mean and there are two different answers for the codes I have (11 & 12).
                What do I do?

Comment

Unless you have the knowledge to do circuit testing and can find the relays mentioned, you may have no option but to go to an auto electrician, or someone who knows surfs.

The codes mention no power to ecu from ignition circuit, so you could try cleaning your ignition switch contacts, and as yours don't have a distributor, then that signal may come from the Throttle Position Sensor, so worth checking that it is still fixed in place, as I have heard of them breaking free from mountings.

This is only info that I have picked up by reading threads, as mine don't have an ECU, as it's not an EFI.

Hope this helps a little.
                  Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X