automatic gear problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic gear problems

anyone know why the overdrive light might have started to flash on the dash my surf is an automatic and it seems to be pulling away in second gear i've changed the oil which looked like it was helping but the bloke ive sold it to says he problem has returned intermittently it seems likely the light and gear problems are conected but im not sure. help anyone?

Check the ECU for fault codes, that may point you in the right direction, sorry I can't be of more help, mines a manual.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Sounds like a failed solonoid in the gearbox. Its fairly undramatic to fix, soloniods are about £80 from Toyota.

Remove front prop and front exhaust, drop the slushbox sump off and you can get to them.

You will get a fault code on the O/D light the same way as doing the engine fault codes, this should tell you what solonoid has failed. If you unplug the wiring to the solonoids, then take the truck out, you should be to select 1st 2nd and O/D (it won't do 3rd) manually on the shifter, to prove the mechanics of the box are OK.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers, i hate elastictrickery in engines but i'll give it a shot, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X