yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rebuild in progress help required please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild in progress help required please!!

Hi All
    Had my surf holed up in the car port for 18 months and have finally got round to rebuilding the head.
    I have fitted a new head from stevo, and rebuilt most of the engine bay.
    HOWEVER.... i need some info, 1 i have 2 heat shields from the turbo area, where do they go (piccy bracket 1 and 2)??

I have reconnected the glow plug wiring as per a posting i have seen on site, does this look right before i connect up the batteries?

(piccy provided)

finally i have 2 wires with ring connectors, i have a mounting on the bottom of the inlet manifold with a plastic isolator, i have put the wire with the large diameter holed ring connector onto the plastic spacer , the second wire with the smaller diameter hole i have placed on the top where the nut screws onto ie earth.

again is this right, i have put another piccy on the link for this.

http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/ap/myAl...162643284686.1
    Last edited by paulwest; 22 September 2007, 14:40.

The correct sequence for insulators is -

Insulator with raised centre
    Glow Plug Rail
    Wiring terminals over raised section
    Insulator with recessed centre
    Washer and nut.

Check this link for more info on the insulators and also the link within the thread for the glow plug resistor (manifold heater).

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=11229

Nev

Comment

Diagram of manifold, turbo and heat shields.

Nev
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies, i have checked my wiring with the photos and links provided and they are ok as per the piccys.
        Will fit the heat shields tomorrow and do the final assembely of the intake manifold and hoses , hopefully the rest of the build is ok.
        I had the hynes hi lux manual but its only good for general info.
        It will be good to get the beastie back on the road soon, it hasnt moved for 18 months , i put the bonnet back on this evening and had to free off the hinges as they were solid!!
        can anyone tell me where i can get a manual or internet link for the blow up pictures /part numbers ive seen on various links.

as they say a picture isworth a thousand words, i have started compiling bits off the site but would like something on dvd or manual.

thanks for the help so far gents .

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies, i have checked my wiring with the photos and links provided and they are ok as per the piccys.
          Will fit the heat shields tomorrow and do the final assembely of the intake manifold and hoses , hopefully the rest of the build is ok.
          It will be good to get the beastie back on the road soon, it hasnt moved for 18 months , i put the bonnet back on this evening and had to free off the hinges as they were solid!!
          can anyone tell me where i can get a manual or internet link for the blow up pictures /part numbers ive seen on various links.

as they say a picture isworth a thousand words, i have started compiling bits off the site but would like something on dvd or manual.

Comment

Originally posted by paulwest

Have a look here.......

http://forums.bauchan.org/fusion/downloads.php

Comment

For Future Reference its always good to take some pics as you strip down so you know how it goes back Correctly
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

i did but then had a hard disk crash and lost the full stripdown photos folder and my notes.
                another question i understand the surf's aircon gas was r12, this being the case what do you guys use to refill / top up defunct r12 systems, or is it a replacment of seals ect and use r134?

again thanks for the info, the link to the forum above is priceless!!!!
                Last edited by paulwest; 22 September 2007, 19:53.

Comment

if you wanna check anything against another 2.4 gimme a shout, i'm in ashford.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

thanks nero have tried turning it over,dry cranking only not firing!!
                    diesel at the injectors so needto check everything again and see whats wrong, will have a go next weekend as ive run out of time today

Comment

Working...
                    X