Whats that smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats that smoke

At night when a car is following me why can i see smoke from my exhaust in the headlights of the following car if that makes sense, especially when i put my foot down cant see the smoke during the day at all i have disconnected the EGR and no change has anyone else noticed it and what is it dont ever seem to see it comming from trucks or busses which are diesel

any ideas

Chris

If you've done the ERG mod,then smoke should be reduced, although it is possible the the ERG valve is letting by, unless you've phyisically blocked it off.
    The smoke always looks worse at night, in the headlights of following cars, and remember the surf's no spring chicken.

If you haven't blanked the ERG, then you could try that, but I wouldn't really worry too much.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy
      At night when a car is following me why can i see smoke from my exhaust in the headlights of the following car if that makes sense, especially when i put my foot down cant see the smoke during the day at all i have disconnected the EGR and no change has anyone else noticed it and what is it dont ever seem to see it comming from trucks or busses which are diesel

any ideas

Chris
      Every diesel vehicle that ive had does that!! my mechanic is a petrol head, and says thats what diesels are for, just to make smoke

When i got my new works trany van with 12 miles on the clock it did the same thing, infact i would say the van is a little worse than the truck...

As for the buses "the new ones" you would only see smoke if you was sat in the bus looking at vehicle lights behind, but some of the old chuggers around here make smoke signals there that bad !!!!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

One reason that exhaust looks 'smokier' at night is that it's colder, which causes any moisture in the exhaust to condense.

Basically, it's normal, don't panic.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Cheers fellas wasnt worried just when i left the car behing engorged in smoke

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X