veg oil without any conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil without any conversion

Can I put it in without any conversion, are there any disadvantages.
    What about used oil from a chiper. does it have to be veg oil or can I use sunflower oil or any other like that?
    Last edited by irishoffroad; 19 September 2007, 17:02.

Originally posted by irishoffroad
    Can I put it in without any conversion, are there any disadvantages.
    With the cooler temperatures coming you should mix it with diesel or you will have one hell of a grumpy truck

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yes you can, it would be worth working up the percentages until you find running difficulties, most people use 50/50 mix.

The down and upside is that the fuel tank and lines get a good clean from it so may me worth changing the filter when it starts to run a bit lumpy.

Also some have (including me) had the leaky pump syndrome, as the veg oil shrinks the seals a bit, and lets some leak out, normally from the top seals (which can be fixed in place very cheaply i.e £14)

Mine leaks still after changing these but its very slight and its because i run 100% veg in a conversion, 50/50 should be fine though.

When the winter sets in you may find putting a little more diesel in appropriate. May i also suggest Lidl is 49p a litre at moment.

Go for it, loads have.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

what is the situation with the tax registration of using oil?

last I read (which was ages ago) was that at some point in the summer you were allowed to use 2500 litres without registering. did anything ever come of this
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

June 30th 2007, no more tax and NO need to register if you use less that 2500 litres a year, but you have to keep a record of what you use. I just put my reciepts for veg in a box. I call it my veg reciept box... Clever eh?

They can go back 6 years.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

yep its tax free if you use less than 2500 litres a year. you are meant to keep records of how much you use for 6 years. Has anyone done this? just wondering if i better fill my log in!?!

edit: i see you do better get it sorted then ta!
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

But who's to say youv'e used and not used what?
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
                But who's to say youv'e used and not used what?
                Use your HEAD
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Use your HEAD
                  he'll have trouble fitting his head in the tank,he's definately better off using svo/wvo
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                    yep its tax free if you use less than 2500 litres a year. you are meant to keep records of how much you use for 6 years. Has anyone done this? just wondering if i better fill my log in!?!

edit: i see you do better get it sorted then ta!
                    Yep I have, but if ya ain't don't worry it equates to approx 48 litres a week, which is under the yearly limit so no probs ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                    X