Alternator problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator problem?

I ran my surf through a water crossing that was a bit too deep! Miraculously the engine didn't take in any water but the electronics weren't so lucky. For a while after, all the dash lights were flickering on and off and eventually went on solid, then the battery output continued to drop and now theres no voltage from the batteries. I am assuming that I killed the alternator and all the lights on was an indication of such.
    If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.
    Does the alternator need to be rebuilt or replaced, and what kind of $ am I looking at. Also am I at risk with any of the other electronics? I didn't notice any other problems. (Other than the crank pulley failing during the same trip! )

Thanks everyone!

Had the same thing happen to mine, and yes our alternator is toast.

It maybe able to be repaired, but you will need to get it to an auto electrician, I tried that and was told that mine was beyond economical repair.

I checked loads of places for a new one, and finally got the cheapest quote from Toyota themselves.

Any Toyota dealer in the world should be able to source the parts without problem once they have your frame and engine numbers.

Hope this helps.

You could also check the parts for sale section on this site, as there are several being broken.

Robert.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
    X