X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not want to move

Hi ll,

Got a little problem with the car.

Its not used every day , but when i jump in it to move it off the drive, it does not want to move, I shift up and down the gears and then it seems to be ok.

I have checked transmission fluid, its as if the brakes are stuck .

Now then i do drop a boat into the sea , but always jet wash Bad Boy off on the way home.

Could this be the problem or is something else a a miss.

Also due its MOT tomorrow dreading them reving the B- - - - - s out of it on the smoke test.

Also just changed rear bumper for one off of E.Bay not a nice job by on your own

Any thoughts much appreciated
    May the skin of your arse never cover a banjo

Originally posted by Bad Boy
    Hi ll,

Got a little problem with the car.

Its not used every day , but when i jump in it to move it off the drive, it does not want to move, I shift up and down the gears and then it seems to be ok.

I have checked transmission fluid, its as if the brakes are stuck .

Now then i do drop a boat into the sea , but always jet wash Bad Boy off on the way home.

Could this be the problem or is something else a a miss.

Also due its MOT tomorrow dreading them reving the B- - - - - s out of it on the smoke test.

Also just changed rear bumper for one off of E.Bay not a nice job by on your own

Any thoughts much appreciated

Did you check the fluid level with the engine running? Was the fluid the colour of red wine?

Comment

Hi Bushwhacker, thanks for reply. I checked it when it was cold actually engine off , it was reading higher than it should on the dip stick, colour was that of red wine yes

Comment

Hi Bushwhakcer, thanks for reply. I checked it when it was cold actually it was reading higher than it should on the dip stick, colour was that of red wine yes

Does it work properly when the fluid has warmed up, e.g. after a few minutes driving?

It's probably a sticking valve in the transmission and may sort itself out the next time you use the truck more regularly.

Comment

Yes its fine imediately once it moves.
          Thats the reason for the MOT tomorrow so i will use it at least once a week , its only been there since Saturday last so not long,

Tks for the reply very quick, love this site so helpful

Comment

....I checked it when it was cold actually engine off ....
            With automatic gearboxes (not just the Surf) the level must generally be checked in a specific manner with the engine running, the full Surf procedure is here
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Morr thanks for the link , i will check it that way.

Left handbrke off last night and took it for its MOT today and it drove away no probs, so i am thinking sticking brakes , think ill pull them off and check..
              Passed its MOT as well no problems.

Comment

If it was ok this morning and the handbrake had been left off overnight i'd be inclined to say some part of the handbrake mechanism on the rear axle / drums may be corroded or sticking due to dropping the boat in and out the sea.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X