• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer

If its a problem go veg
    excellent point, I don't mind the low economy now it's on veggie
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I now have a delicate little pump leak , that just ensures i can find the pump from underneath, handy that, think ill leave it.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I now have a delicate little pump leak , that just ensures i can find the pump from underneath, handy that, think ill leave it.

That'll be the veg oil reacting with the already old seal on top of the fuel pump. Re-new the seal or go back to using straight diesel cures it.

Comment

Have replaced the top seal, and the stop solenoid seal, it was gushing out, but now is only a little drip now and then from the distributor end, i dont mind and sometimes drop in some atf, which holds it. Its doesnt affect my fuel economy, so i dont really care. All part of the surfs inability to hold its fluids completely.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

mines not too bad then i normally get under 400 kms to a tank but think its cause my foot is rather heavy, i have toyed with veggie just worried about the selas and muck in the tank causing problems but i had to replace pump seal as it was leaking when i got it mith have been used with veggie maybe i will never know, can i just go to bookers and buy abig drum of oil and use it then as i have a bookers card so that helps

Comment

Ive had 550 km's out of a tank, that was 55 mph for the life of the fuel no breaks. Worked out at about 27-28mpg, i thought that was outstanding for one of these.
              While working i get about 23-24mpg. I would say your 410 is km's

Say youve used 60 litres, thats about 13 gallons. And 410 km's is about 250 miles, so 250 devided by 13 comes in at just under 20 mpg.

If its in miles that means your getting just under 32 mpg, i cant see it personally. I would say you have a normal round town consumption at 20mpg

If its a problem go veg
              That is PANTS
              I think a trip to Lidl is on the cards - corn oil about 49p a litre
              Used to run the Disco' on about 50/50 diesel and veg oil but haven't taken the plunge with me Surf yet.

Comment

Ive posted up plans for a veg conversion for 100% veg oil, if you search veg 100% cheap simple it should come up.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Milage

My 2.4 TD Auto had miles on the speedo, but the milage clock is still set to Km. I only found that out cos I figured either my mum had moved or I was abducted by aliens. In my transit she lives 52 miles away in my Surf 74 ???

Comment

Originally posted by smurfL6
                    My 2.4 TD Auto had miles on the speedo, but the milage clock is still set to Km. I only found that out cos I figured either my mum had moved or I was abducted by aliens. In my transit she lives 52 miles away in my Surf 74 ???

Or your Surf has very small wheels!

Comment

Small Wheels lol

I guess my wheels are big. I'm 5ft and they reach my waist...Don't laugh.
                      Serious though how do I work out my mpg. If I put £20 in I can do about 145-150 miles or km whatever my clock is.

Comment

km's devide by 1.64 for miles. litres devide 4.5 for gallons. miles into gallons
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

so 15 km's is 93 miles, £20 @ 92.9 per liter means 21 litres, 21 liters devide by 4.5 means 4.6 gallons, so 93 miles devide by 4.6 gallons equals 20.2 mpg
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Use this link to work it all out.
                            http://www.day-tripper.net/infoconve...chorconversion

Comment

Working...
                            X