oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

if i haveoil dripping (and i do) from between the engine and gearbox and running all over the front diff, am i right in thinking that the rear crank seal is leaking, and if so is it an engine out job

phewwwwww

not an engine out.have sent it to local boys and they can do it by gearbox out
    Last edited by gwh200; 6 September 2007, 17:14.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Do you use veg oil? As when my pump started leakeing it showed there and off the sump.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
      Do you use veg oil? As when my pump started leakeing it showed there and off the sump.
      this is engine oil.where the auto gearbox joins the engine,it appears to be dripping from there
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Maybe the rocker cover leaking at the rear and running down the back.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          Maybe the rocker cover leaking at the rear and running down the back.
          no it is deffo not the rocker cover.i have had my hand up there and it coming from inbetween box and engine. tony n seemed pretty sure it was crank seal.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            no it is deffo not the rocker cover.i have had my hand up there and it coming from inbetween box and engine. tony n seemed pretty sure it was crank seal.
            think i've got a leak fom the same place
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i think thats the same as pirate storm also
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                i think thats the same as pirate storm also
                i mean $$$$$$ hell!!!!!!

these wagons seem to know when something imporant is coming up!!!!!

im being lifted next week, and you are sposed to be offroading this weekend are you not richard?

i swear its hilda the demi god of hilux not getting enough adulation,
                just going outside to face east say a few hail marys and wail at the garden wall,if that dont work,its hilux fundamentalism!!!!!!(10 gallons of unleaded and a box of swan vesta)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                  i mean $$$$$$ hell!!!!!!

these wagons seem to know when something imporant is coming up!!!!!

im being lifted next week, and you are sposed to be offroading this weekend are you not richard?

i swear its hilda the demi god of hilux not getting enough adulation,
                  just going outside to face east say a few hail marys and wail at the garden wall,if that dont work,its hilux fundamentalism!!!!!!(10 gallons of unleaded and a box of swan vesta)
                  if mine has got serious problems that sounds very tempting
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Every time i organise something i have a part failure on the truck and have to rush around to fix it
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Every time i organise something i have a part failure on the truck and have to rush around to fix it
                      hhhmmmmm,

appears now to not be leaking,although very " greasy " around seal area.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                        think i've got a leak fom the same place

me too. does anyone know how much this coould cost to get fixed? just bought new breaks tyres and alarm wife is not to happy now
                        tommyguns

Comment

Working...
                        X