Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI In Tank Fuel Pump

Hi all Again
    I was reading my Max Ellerys manual and it states on page 329 that EFI models have a roller vane type low pressure pump in the tank with the sender unit, Some may recall an old thread that my surf will not drive unless i have 1/2 a tank of derv in it, does anyone no if mine does have a in tank pump? i have looked on the Bosch/denso site and there l jettronic systems all have a low pressure pump before the Injector pump, has anyone found the pump or had there tank out?
    Thanks again
    Dave
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

It doesnt, I dont have one, and i can run mine dry. Best thing to do is get down by the tank and get someone to turn the key, if you here a buzz, you have one, but im almost certain you dont. I have a two tank system and it pulls fuel out of both no primer pump.

Have you tried the usual, filter change, lift pump change, leak check?

Could you have a faulty guage that tells you half when its empty, and gets stuck?
    Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 5 September 2007, 21:08.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

tried all except #lift pump change# whats that?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHardy
        tried all except #lift pump change# whats that?

The V6 petrol Surf has an in-tank fuel pump.

Comment

Thats the bit that the fuel filter screw onto. Should be able to get one easy off someone here maybe. Good opurtunity to fill your filter wiv redex.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Have changed that and new filter got new one from roughtrax and filled with forte

Comment

might be worth getting an in line fuel priming pump, that has low psi pressure switch, and riggin it to your ignition
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

any ideas where to get one?

Comment

Working...
                X