yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

connector next to starter. Where does it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connector next to starter. Where does it go?

I just put my engine back in my surf 2.4TD 1993 and connected it all up. BUT there is a spare connector near the starter. It is a black sheathed wire which has 2 brown wires running in it with a ring connector on the end of it. Being brown, I would expect them to be earth connections but am cautious. There is a earth connector on the bottom of the starter(12mm nut) which it looks like it could come from but will not reach to it. I could try re routing it but just want to confirm it goes there before I connect the battery up. Otherwise I will run it through a fuse to earth and if it goes pop, then I will know it does'nt go there. Any help much appreciated.

There is a -ve connection that bolts to back of the block, just above the bell housing, that you can't reach once the motor is in. If thats the wire you're talking about, nothing on the fuel pump will work unless its connected as its the ground for all the pump sensors.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I tested it for a +ve supply and there was none so I tried starting it with the wire disconnected. It fired but would not run so I earth'ed it to the bellhousing and it started and ran lovely. Tks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X