EFI fuel pump Timing Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI fuel pump Timing Advance

Hi all, still having problems with the surf and check light coming (code 12) after new pump,filter tried most things, Found on the Oz site that 1 guy had same problem so he advanced his pump timing by 2mm frm the line marks and no more check light and more power, has anyone tried this?????????

Dave
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Originally posted by DaveHardy
    Hi all, still having problems with the surf and check light coming (code 12) after new pump,filter tried most things, Found on the Oz site that 1 guy had same problem so he advanced his pump timing by 2mm frm the line marks and no more check light and more power, has anyone tried this?????????

Dave
    No one got a clue then???????????????

Comment

No one got a clue then???????????????
      Isn't code 12 the sensor on the underside of the pump at the rear playing up
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

code 12 is timing control valve or Knock sensor depending which set off diagnostic charts you look at

all my timing marks are spot on at the moment, but has anyone had to advance the pump marks to get to run correctly???

Comment

code 12 is timing control valve or Knock sensor depending which set off diagnostic charts you look at

all my timing marks are spot on at the moment, but has anyone had to advance the pump marks to get to run correctly???
          According to tony mine is allready advanced , but i remember him saying that the sensor at the rear bottonm of the pump is a big culprit for one of the code faults and i think it was 12 ........Tonyn is the best person to ask

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/
          Last edited by Woodzie; 4 September 2007, 07:42.
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Perhaps Tonyn can add his penny worth to this thread hint hint?

Comment

Working...
            X