Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locating back pressure on 2.4

Hi peeps,

I have a lot of back pressure going into the expansion tank and was wondering if it is the gasket or cracked head. No water out of the exhaust and no water in engine oil. I want to try and find the cylinder that is causing the back pressure so I imagine I will have to take a plug out individually to see when the back pressure stops when the engine is running. Can I take a plug out individually to test this. Any step by step advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jamie

Originally posted by yungjamie
    Hi peeps,

I have a lot of back pressure going into the expansion tank and was wondering if it is the gasket or cracked head. No water out of the exhaust and no water in engine oil. I want to try and find the cylinder that is causing the back pressure so I imagine I will have to take a plug out individually to see when the back pressure stops when the engine is running. Can I take a plug out individually to test this. Any step by step advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jamie
    i take it yours is a diesel?
    if so i take it its getting hot. have you looked for a leak somewhere in the cooling system.may be worthwhile trying a new thermostat and rad cap
    (and checking rad for leaks). thermostat can let coolant past when engine is cooling,does it try and pass coolant whilst running?

only surefire way to test if head is gone is to test coolant with a "sniffer" to detect exhaust gases ,would recomend you give tony n a call
    his website is www.4x4toys.co.uk
    good luck
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X