Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light coming on

Hello all!
    I managed to get water into my fuel system in my 1991 surf 2.4 turbo. I changed fuel filter, drained tank, refilled with 55l new veggie, and 5l diesel.
    All was well, until i went onto the motorway.... At approx 60 mph, the engine light came on, and the turbo light went out. I came off mway, idled for 10 secs, and engine light went off... pulled away again and all well until approx 60 mph!
    I have since bypassed the fuel filter (resistance of flow?) and it has got somewhat better.. Is the veg oil too thick to feed engine under high load? Would the check engine light come on if starved of fuel?

Thanks all

P.S. all was well until the water episode!

If it doesnt do it when your running on diesel only then yes thatll be it, youll have to try to eliminate it. I have heat exchangers to run mine. Have a look on ebay at VOW2B, this should help, IF, thats the problem.

Only thing is it doesnt deal with cold starting, and that is a high percentage for an unmodified engine, try 70% veg oil.

If it does the same on diesel, it may be ecu fault as it sounds like limp mode came on.

Always have the filter in line cos veg can get gloopy
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

try draining the water trap directly under the fuel filter,you may of still had water in the fuel lines,and its possible its filled it back up again.the water trap has a sensor on it connected to the dash warning lamp.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Have you recently started on Veg ?

It could be that junk from the bottom of the tank has clogged up your new filter - you might wish to consider changing it again.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

D1, have you don e the diagnostic check to see what code it is????
          Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

How do you do the diagnostic test?

Comment

Under the bonnet you have a little grey box on drivers side inner wing saying dianotic's on it, get a paper clip or 1mm piece of wire and connect terminal te1 and e1 and turn on the ignition and count the flahses from the check light

the codes and the procedure are on this site
              Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

Thanks Dave..
                well, i have sorted the problem, and it would appear that the water was from the veg! all sorted now..

Comment

Working...
                X