Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help 2.4 1993 no drive in low ratio

hi i am a new owner to the hilux

i have 4wd in high went in the mud and started fine but then changed down into low with the stick no light no 4wd ? then into drive on the auto box NO drive at all
    looked at everything now
    even got the stick out of the top of the box now thought it could not be in
    drive but all seems ok
    select it back to high and its fine again ,its a newish box 12/06
    help has anyone come a cross this
    john
    south wales
    uk

Originally posted by jebbw1
    hi i am a new owner to the hilux

i have 4wd in high went in the mud and started fine but then changed down into low with the stick no light no 4wd ? then into drive on the auto box NO drive at all
    looked at everything now
    even got the stick out of the top of the box now thought it could not be in
    drive but all seems ok
    select it back to high and its fine again ,its a newish box 12/06
    help has anyone come a cross this
    john
    south wales
    uk
    you have probably only put the hi/lo selector into neutral and not into lo ratio.Put the gear selector into P or N and then put the hi/lo selector all the way forward and then put the gear selector back to drive.The 4wd light will come on when it is actually in 4wd
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hi thanks

i have pushed the stick as faar as it go's lol , i have taken the stick out and can see the bar and have pushed it as far as it will go still no drive ? i just don't know ?
      john

Comment

help

so can anyone welsh take a look everybody thinks i have not out it in low story of my life lol
        john

Comment

Originally posted by jebbw1
          so can anyone welsh take a look everybody thinks i have not out it in low story of my life lol
          john
          I know its frustrating but it has been known if the truck hasn't been used in 4wd or lo ratio for it to be really tight to get into gear.Just out of curiosity try have the gear selector in gear foot on the brake and then try to get the hi/lo into lo ratio.I knwo it will grind the gears but at least youll know that the lever is trying to go into gear and then try doing it again while in P or N.This is all i can think of trying at the mo but hope you get it sorted tho.You can always give the lovelyboyo or bushwhacker a shout but im not sure what part of Wales they're in
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi mate try and see if the activation switch on the left hand side on the transfer case is still conected to the switch as this could be the cause.

Oh and it's underneath the car...lol

Cheers Chris

Comment

Out of interest, when you've got the auto box in Park and the 4wd lever in Neutral, do you get the red "A/T P" warning light on the dash? (or is that just 3rd gens, I can't remember? edit: just searched, its 2nd gens as well).
              Last edited by Rob; 4 September 2007, 15:44.

Comment

Working...
              X