Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad Removal / Head?

Well...

I've been putting this off for a while, and I went to start removing the rad last night (its been sitting dead for a month now) and its proved to be quite the pain in the ass thus far :P So here is the story.

Brother was driving my surf, noticed steam (pinhole crack on top of the rad) and pulled over. He said the temp went up to high when he pulled over.
    I'm really hoping its just the rad. Once I have the rad removed, I'm going to run one of those hydro carbon tests to see if the head is shooting exhaust into the coolant system. Do you guys think the head is shot? Fack I hope it isn't

Anyway, removing the rad....
    I've got the 4 rad cowling bolts removed. Trying to pull up on it, the bottom part is either clipped or bolted to the rear / bottom cowling. The only way I can see to get it out is removing the viscous fan. How do you remove the viscous fan? I notice there are 4 bolts (12mm) that hold it to the block? I've tried to uncrack these but it just keeps moving the entire viscous assembly. I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep it from moving?
    Is there some other way of doing this?

There is a bolt on bottom of the shroud, but you can't reach it easily. Better to remove the fan, its the 4 bolts like you said. Just lever against the next nut on the fan with a prybar or screwdriver to stop it spinning round. Then pull the shroud and fan out together.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X