Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot starting

Any Thoughts?
    Tony N stuck new Injectors in last week and its certainly running better, BUT, It often has to turn over for at least 20 -30 seconds before it will fire. Once running it ticks over fine. Another point, Its very slow to pull away, I have to floor the throttle for a few about 10 secs before it slowly takes off, Real pain when pulling out of junctions!! Any Ideas????

Does it only happen when hot? or do you have same problem cold? if only when hot throttle position sensor maybe at fault. Poss also try fuel filter, they are very influencial on surfs.

Cold aswell it may also be tps, or crank sensor sticking.

Go for the filter first as fuel starvation sounds a likely culprit
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks for that. The problem usually happens when hot.
      I did recently change the fuel filter and primer pump unit, When I do check the primer unit I have to pump several times before I get pressure.

Comment

Sound like it could be run back, fuel getting sucked back when not in use, check for leaks in fuel lines and also you may want to consider drilling a hole in your fuel cap, cos when tank vacuums during use it may pull fuel when stopped and when preesure goes when cold, starts fine again, so let your fuel tank breath. Perhaps undo your cap most of way and take her for a run.

Hope that works
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
        X