few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few questions

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks (got my '90 surf a month ago now) and now have a few questions.

1) my power locks dont work. When I press the button I can hear it click (i can feel the black box under the dash click) but nothing else happens. Any hints as to where i would start?

2) Whats the little mirror on the hood for? I figure its to see where on the road I am but dont know if thats right.

3) It says use 10w30...any reason not to use 15w40?

Anything else i should be looking at right away?

Thanks
    Sebas

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers

Originally posted by sebas
    I've been lurking around here for a few weeks (got my '90 surf a month ago now) and now have a few questions.

1) my power locks dont work. When I press the button I can hear it click (i can feel the black box under the dash click) but nothing else happens. Any hints as to where i would start?
    Are you on about the ECT button or OD button or the 4wd

2) Whats the little mirror on the hood for? I figure its to see where on the road I am but dont know if thats right.
    The little mirror is a parking mirror used in japan but not needed over here or Canada
    3) It says use 10w30...any reason not to use 15w40?
    15w40 is ok to use

Anything else i should be looking at right away?
    Make sure your truck has had a good service.All belts coolant,filters,oil,check the atf to make sure that is a nice red colour and don't smell burnt.Basically check everything you would for any other motor.

Thanks
    Sebas
    Last edited by stormforce; 19 August 2007, 08:52.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

For the locks check for split wires from the box to the lock actuators.

The little mirrors give you a view of whats down by passenger wheel so as not to hit children (its a blind spot )

As regards oil, it dpends what climate you live in, hot: and 15-40w would be fine, average:10-30w, cold you could do with a leaner : 5-30.
      This is my opinion and does not mean a manufacturers response, although i have worked by this rule, and its fine.

Welcome to the forum
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

all this oil malarky is naff, oil is oil, if you change it regular you will have no trouble
        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Working...
        X