Crankcase Breather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase Breather.

Yo dudes, Crankcase breathers on 2.4, 90' Surf's.
    Where is it, please??

Thanks Guys.

Derek

Its a hose that goes into the intake form the rocker cover, I think it is over the top of the rocker box.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This one
      Attached Files
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Ah-AA, thought it was,
        Is there anything to stop the oil from rushing lemming -like down the pipe and into the air intake?
        Admittedly, the problem has improved with a new air filter, but stil exists to a lesser extent.
        MMMmmm,........... back to the drawing board I think!!

Thanks guys,

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derek T M
          Ah-AA, thought it was,
          Is there anything to stop the oil from rushing lemming -like down the pipe and into the air intake?
          Admittedly, the problem has improved with a new air filter, but stil exists to a lesser extent.

Thanks guys,

Derek
          yes an engine re-build
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Ah-AA, thought it was,

Thanks guys,

Derek
            yeah, try some piston rings or valve seals.

seriously, it will always have oil in it, you will always have some crankcase pressure, thats why its there, but if your motor smokes alot, and stops when you disconnect the breather from the intake, you need help.

Comment

Cheers Fella's,

No bad news there then?

Derek

Comment

Cheers Fella's,

No bad news there then?

Derek
                I think it was Dandownunder who has made an oil separator for the crankcase ventilation pipe for just that reason. Ther shouldn't be that much oil but there will always be some caused by the build up in pressure from piston ring leakage.

You can change the rings from underneath the car by dropping the sump and crankshaft and pulling out the pistons.

Cheers

Comment

Mine has an oil seperator!

I have the very mod on my Surf. It came like it.

Here is a pic for you.

Sorry it is so big, but it would be difficult to see otherwise (and this is the bit where people start telling me that all of other pipes are the wrong way around!!)

Cheers

Rob G
                  Last edited by wibblywobbly; 21 February 2004, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
                    I have the very mod on my Surf. It came like it.

Here is a pic for you.

Sorry it is so big, but it would be difficult to see otherwise (and this is the bit where people start telling me that all of other pipes are the wrong way around!!)

Cheers

Rob G
                    "Hilux Surf Original" Bwahahahaha!!!!

I've done that on an old Marina I had once, just poured the oil back in every week!

Self oil changing attatchment or Total Loss Oil System.

Comment

(and this is the bit where people start telling me that all of other pipes are the wrong way around!!)

Cheers

Rob G
                      Nah, but duct tape around the intake pipe dosn't deal very well on a ribbed hose!

Comment

Duct tape

No more comments on that pulllleeeez!

I only found the split this morning, and if you read my other posts regarding the hose/turbo/fuel pump (including one in response to Em & Jims troubles) you will see what a headache I have had.

I think? that all I need now is to find someone who can check out the pump timing and I might have a Surf that goes like it should, and that doesn't rattle for England!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

No more comments on that pulllleeeez!

I only found the split this morning, and if you read my other posts regarding the hose/turbo/fuel pump (including one in response to Em & Jims troubles) you will see what a headache I have had.
                          I going for the 'kick a man when he's down' 2004 title.

I did put a after it, so you knew I was just messing.

Comment

No worries : )

Be assured that having spent 8 months on 'ere I have no problems with the humour, it's what makes the site so addictive.

Mind you that's nothing compared to the joker who 'diagnosed' my turbo. It whistles like a high pitched tuning fork now, instead of sounding like a walk on a windswept beach. The sight of the boost gauge needle moving almost brings a tear to my eye too!

I must go and plague someone about 'how to manually retard the pump' soon, that will make somebody's day, trying to explain to a numpty like me, which bits to slacken and which bits to leave well alone!!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Be assured that having spent 8 months on 'ere I have no problems with the humour, it's what makes the site so addictive.

Mind you that's nothing compared to the joker who 'diagnosed' my turbo. It whistles like a high pitched tuning fork now, instead of sounding like a walk on a windswept beach. The sight of the boost gauge needle moving almost brings a tear to my eye too!

I must go and plague someone about 'how to manually retard the pump' soon, that will make somebody's day, trying to explain to a numpty like me, which bits to slacken and which bits to leave well alone!!

Cheers

Rob G
                              why are you thinking the pump needs retarding, if the timing belt is lining up with the marks it should be ok
                              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                              [size=5][/size]
                              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                              X