Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy
    sweet as!
    yep it loves the veg! im running mine on like 90% now.
    50/50 for me ,my local lidle has it for 54p a litre so of i went and purchased a few boxes of it,the girl at the cash desk looked at me a bit weird !! but wat the heck !! lol

Comment

Originally posted by gjay
      thanks lads ......i shall have to wait now untill tomorrow morning and i will try wat uve all suggested !! many many thanks !!
      IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THEN CHECK THE 80AMP GLOW PLUGS FUSE

Comment

Cold Mornings Poor Starting

hi there i bought my hilux about 2 weeks ago and now i'm noticing the cold morning problems, i have tried waiting for the beep and its still the same but find pumping the throttle works well after about five minutes by which time cramp has set in but anyway i can't see a glow plug warning light on my dash i have the 2.4 td and the only lights that are on are the engine light and for some electrical reason the rear door light stays on but i have learned to live with it can anyone help me ???????????? as i start work at 4am and its really really cold and she just doesn't want to start to well mind you niehter do i at that time

thanks in advance

Comment

ok, someone might correct me as i dont know much but im trying to think about what i have read::

check the 80A glow plug fuze thats under a plastic cover that is labelled under the bonnet. if this is blown, this might be why your plugs arnt heating.

to rule out a blown bulb on the dash, how many clicks do you hear before the warning beep?

when i turn on my ignition i get a loud click from engine bay. then as my glow light goes out i get another loud click then about 1 or 2 seconds later i get the beep. then about a minute and half may be little longer after its started, i can hear another click and hear the engine pick up revs slightly. but too slight to show on rev counter.

what you could do is try waiting for the beep 3 times before starting. i think if the first stage of heating isnt working , and its only the 2nd stage, then your getting about half the volts needed to warm them up. it might help to do it thrice.

if your fuze is ok, then check the glow rail that connects all the plugs, make sure that all the connections to that are in tact and not half broken or broken. and follow the wire back to wherever it goes. i think there is a connector plug on there, disconnect this, spray it with something to get any dirt out like wd-40 or something better like electrical spray then i would connect and re-connect a couple of times in case its corroded inside.. i dont know how likely that would be but if everything else is ok then worth a try anyway.

i think even with knackered plugs, that you will get a glow light. so i dont think your plugs are knackered but someone will correct me if im wrong (vince? lol)
          off the top of my dome i cant really think of anything else.. hope i have been some help good luck
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

he he she works

thanks for your help checked the things you said 1 measly plug wasn't working and the bulb that shows my glow plug warning had been removed by the previous owner but now i have fitted a full set of new glow plgs and a new bulb and removed the one for the back door and all is well with my hilux cheers for your help dieselboy

Comment

Originally posted by theweejock
              thanks for your help checked the things you said 1 measly plug wasn't working and the bulb that shows my glow plug warning had been removed by the previous owner but now i have fitted a full set of new glow plgs and a new bulb and removed the one for the back door and all is well with my hilux cheers for your help dieselboy
              hey i helped someone!
              glad your all sorted now. i need some glow plugs myself. i have to give a bit of throttle to keep it started now. i dont drive to work anymore so i will do it next pay month. im going to get toyota original glow plugs though.

my uncles a mechanic and he says for me to remove them all, and connect them to a battery to see if they glow, but thats hastle. but as you said, it might just be 2 or something that isnt heating up like the rest are.
              have you heard a early 90s landcruiser start? even on the coldest of mornings it takes a quarter of a second of engine cranking before it fires. wish mine started like that.
              what plugs did you buy?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X