bit if diagnosis help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit if diagnosis help needed

posting this here as half the question involves the engine....

can you stall test our surfs???

by stall test i mean on some of the plant kit i encounter you can do a test that diagnoses whethere the engine or the transmission is kerputt depending on where the revs stop/max out.

the problem is my surf seems really sluggish, not done no major work to it that would involve extra weight or anything, i am running 15" 10.5 bfg ats all round with good tread and 32 psi on road... the tranny oil was completley changed in april - dont ask!!!

would changing/overhauling the injectors work i am thinking of dropping the oil in the next couple weeks it was last done in march, so 6 months...

any advice greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

graham

Originally posted by graham78
    posting this here as half the question involves the engine....

can you stall test our surfs???

by stall test i mean on some of the plant kit i encounter you can do a test that diagnoses whethere the engine or the transmission is kerputt depending on where the revs stop/max out.

the problem is my surf seems really sluggish, not done no major work to it that would involve extra weight or anything, i am running 15" 10.5 bfg ats all round with good tread and 32 psi on road... the tranny oil was completley changed in april - dont ask!!!

would changing/overhauling the injectors work i am thinking of dropping the oil in the next couple weeks it was last done in march, so 6 months...

any advice greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

graham

Have you checked the rear brakes aren't sticking?
    Air and fuel filters on good condition?
    Has the short vacuum pipe fallen off under the throttle housing ?

Comment

Injectors blocked/incorrect spray pattern,

Fuel pump worn/out of calibration,

When you say sluggish, compared to what??
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i havent checked the rear brakes might do as the light stays on at teh dash, thought it was a sticky/kerputted switch.. as for the other sugestions, cleaned air filter when snorkel was attached, i have a fuel leak althoughit only hapens on idle...?? i think the brakes or injectors might help out first...

we'll see

thanks for help guys

ttfn

graham

Comment

throw a bottle of injector cleaner through befor you tare down the injectors its alot cheaper and suprised the hell out of me the difrence it made
          !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

i havent checked the rear brakes might do as the light stays on at teh dash, thought it was a sticky/kerputted switch.. as for the other sugestions, cleaned air filter when snorkel was attached, i have a fuel leak althoughit only hapens on idle...?? i think the brakes or injectors might help out first...

we'll see

thanks for help guys

ttfn

graham
            Vacumme pump on the way out?
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i use redex to clean everything out once or twice a month, question where is the vacuum pump??? or the hose attached to the throttle body?? as mentioned previous...
              maybe someone else would like to have a drive to see if she is sluggish or am i just expecting too much???

Comment

i use redex to clean everything out once or twice a month, question where is the vacuum pump??? or the hose attached to the throttle body?? as mentioned previous...
                maybe someone else would like to have a drive to see if she is sluggish or am i just expecting too much???

Check the short rubber pipe marked in red in this link hasn't come off. It can sometimes get oil on it, swell and just fall off.
                http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/turbovacuum.htm
                The vacuum pump in on the front of the alternator.

Comment

Working...
                X