Towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bibs
    Ha ha ha ise laffin but I don't understand?????

Brilliant.....
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Ha ha ha ise laffin but I don't understand?????

'Lennie' was the nickname of Charlene, that Kylie Minogue played in Neighbours.

She was an apprentice mechanic.

I've loads of cr ap like that floating around in my head!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        'Lennie' was the nickname of Charlene, that Kylie Minogue played in Neighbours.

She was an apprentice mechanic.

I've loads of cr ap like that floating around in my head!
        Ha ha ha thats faf - now I understand. Whasya prob - always wanted to be a mechanic - not bugger take me on though as they said I would just leave an have kids - blo@dy sexist sods
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Fitted a towbar to mine a couple of weeks back, took me a fair while to do (square bar type) but that could have something to do with me fitting it whilst laying under the back of an un-jacked surf....... not the most comfortable position. Anyhoo, few tips
          1) if you fit the square bar type, you may need to put the spacers between the fitting brackets and the chassis (it mentions this in the fitting instructions) in order to get the crossbeam to fit between the brackets.
          2) if you do (1), then the bolts that fit from underneath the brackets to the chassis will need to have the holes in the chassis enlarged/lengthened
          3) remember to wear safety specs while working, the amount of crud that falls off the surf into your eyes whilst installing the towbar is quite frankly staggering (I know as I didn't have safety specs to hand and just got on with the job - mistake!!)
          4) an extra pair of hands is really useful, especially whilst fitting the crossbeam as it's not the lightest of things and it makes it a hell of a lot easier to align the holes and get the bolts in (or maybe I'm just being a big pansy).
          Hope this helps,
          L3Mm1n6.
          Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L3Mm1n6
            Fitted a towbar to mine a couple of weeks back, took me a fair while to do (square bar type) but that could have something to do with me fitting it whilst laying under the back of an un-jacked surf....... not the most comfortable position. Anyhoo, few tips
            1) if you fit the square bar type, you may need to put the spacers between the fitting brackets and the chassis (it mentions this in the fitting instructions) in order to get the crossbeam to fit between the brackets.
            2) if you do (1), then the bolts that fit from underneath the brackets to the chassis will need to have the holes in the chassis enlarged/lengthened
            3) remember to wear safety specs while working, the amount of crud that falls off the surf into your eyes whilst installing the towbar is quite frankly staggering (I know as I didn't have safety specs to hand and just got on with the job - mistake!!)
            4) an extra pair of hands is really useful, especially whilst fitting the crossbeam as it's not the lightest of things and it makes it a hell of a lot easier to align the holes and get the bolts in (or maybe I'm just being a big pansy).
            Hope this helps,
            L3Mm1n6.
            Cheers for the info mate - I have decided for mine and the trucks protection - Tis goin' to the garage for the fittin' before it gets set fire too.

But I will pass all your tips onto the mechanic.

Comment

Cheers for the info mate - I have decided for mine and the trucks protection - Tis goin' to the garage for the fittin' before it gets set fire too.

But I will pass all your tips onto the mechanic.

Its a great feeling when some plonker in an old Cavalier stuffs you up the back end, You get out fuming to discover the front of their car is all over the place Not a mark on yours
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

tow bar for you!

tow bar now removed complete with all bolts, spacers,brackets, towball etc
                say the word and I'll get the missus to sort out a deal with a transport company. hopefully postage shouldn't be too bad, I think she can get up to 30kg for about a £10..(which is pretty damn good considering how much it is for a letter) but it can depend on which trucks are in which areas and how soon you want it
                cheers lukenicol@aol.com
                anything else you fancy drop us a line
                dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
                  tow bar now removed complete with all bolts, spacers,brackets, towball etc
                  say the word and I'll get the missus to sort out a deal with a transport company. hopefully postage shouldn't be too bad, I think she can get up to 30kg for about a £10..(which is pretty damn good considering how much it is for a letter) but it can depend on which trucks are in which areas and how soon you want it
                  cheers lukenicol@aol.com
                  anything else you fancy drop us a line
                  Hi Luke,

I have emailed ya from home, work and through the Hilux email thingy, not sure if an got through. Still want the towbar so if ya get this, text me ya number on 07966001563 an I will contact ya.

Cheers

Bibs
                  Last edited by Bibs; 12 July 2007, 00:12.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Its a great feeling when some plonker in an old Cavalier stuffs you up the back end, You get out fuming to discover the front of their car is all over the place Not a mark on yours
                    The probs I am havin contacting him I will never know.

Comment

towbar for bibs

sorry mate must be a dodgy email filter somewhere as none have got through to me. I'll txt or phone you today to sort out where you would like it to go.
                      Missus works Mon - Thurs and will sort out delivery from there. sorry about the delay and lack of contact. to confirm my email is lukenicol@aol.com and my moblie is 07930246345 (but it's not always at hand for various reasons)
                      dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Working...
                      X