veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil

Put it in yesterday. waited till the light was about to come on (i know this well, lol) then i put ten pounds derv in and then ten ltrs veg oil. No probs as yet
    What comes around goes around!!

Originally posted by Gazbo
    Put it in yesterday. waited till the light was about to come on (i know this well, lol) then i put ten pounds derv in and then ten ltrs veg oil. No probs as yet
    brill aint it.
    the fuel light came on for me yesterday, so i stuck in 20litres of veg, and £6 of derv. got between quarter and half a tank full. they say you should put the veg in before so it mixes better. but i do it whatever way round is convenient at the time.
    ill be moving on to rapeseed as its cheaper apparently.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I am intending on putting a fiver in when tank gets to same place as before then putting ten ltrs oil ontop. If this is ok, then i am going to stick ten ltrs neat in. I believe the only problem that will be faced will be cold start as mine did chug and smoke a bit, but i will heat it twice tomo and see what difference it makes.
      I am thinking about making a heater for winter, cant be too hard IMO?

Comment

I am intending on putting a fiver in when tank gets to same place as before then putting ten ltrs oil ontop. If this is ok, then i am going to stick ten ltrs neat in. I believe the only problem that will be faced will be cold start as mine did chug and smoke a bit, but i will heat it twice tomo and see what difference it makes.
        I am thinking about making a heater for winter, cant be too hard IMO?
        just make sure your do this when starting:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=FgUlqvwtR8U
        wait for the beep. then all should be fine. ive found that in my 2.4 if i run 70-80% veg oil i need to leave it idleing for a couple of 3 minutes before i move off or else it hesitates when i first put my foot on the accelerator. once going its fine
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i will try that tomo

Comment

i will try that tomo
            see. knew my useless vid would come in somewhere
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

welcome to the clan, my smelly bretheren....
              dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

quality vid mate, lol

Comment

I have been using veg oil and I have developed a fuel leak....... I recommend NOT using it neat - mix with some diesel.....
                  www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
                    I have been using veg oil and I have developed a fuel leak....... I recommend NOT using it neat - mix with some diesel.....
                    where is the leak?
                    least its not a leek like someone was having! you know its bad when you get vegetables growing out the engine bay hehe
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I reckon it's from the pump - I don't know where to put my hand but it leaks for a few minutes when I come to a stop and turn the engine off. I assume it is leaking when I am driving but of course I can't tell :o).

This happened when I stopped mixing it with diesel.... I am going to go about 70 / 30 veg oil in the hope it will reduce the pressureon the seals.......

Will buying a fuel heater stop this?

Comment

it should be able to hold the pressure in the first place. is it coming from the return from the injectors or is it the feed to them? it may be just one of the injector feeds?see the highest point there is fuel and go from there.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Get a seal kit from Milner's. It's the top pump seals that sometimes weep with the SVO. Using straight diesel for a while will stop the leak.

Comment

Ok cool.

I will use normal Diesel after this lot of SVO has ranout and then go 60 / 40 veg.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                              i need to leave it idleing for a couple of 3 minutes before i move off or else it hesitates when i first put my foot on the accelerator. once going its fine
                              Have you tried new glow plugs to stop the lumpyness when you first start up ?

Just asking as I have some new ones in the boot which have been there for 6 weeks, another one of those "will do it tomorrow" jobs. I have a feeling it may cure some of the lumpy issues..

Does yours have the winter pack on Tony?
                              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
                              X