Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka
      This whole corner got replaced after I pranged it. It needed new wing, inner wing, suspension bits etc.
      Something is not right. It's almost as if they left out a body block which has resulted in this whole side sitting lower than it should. The plate lines up with inner wing so it's not just that. Gap between the inner wing/plate and upper control arm seems too little. Isn't there a body block at front of vehicle somewhere?

Nev

Comment

makes sense Nev, I'll be crawling underneath tomorrow for a look see. Anyone got any idea where this body block is?

Comment

I'm just guessing it's a body block. It could be something else. Very difficult to tell without having a look.

Here's a pic from -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

- which shows the front block on passenger side. Drivers side should be the same.

Nev

Comment

Thanks again Nev, I didn't get a chance to investigate today but I will have a look tomorrow. When you say it's the body block do you mean the mount, the circular bit in the middle? Mine hasn't been lifted at all. Or is there a spacer fitted as stock that I can't see in that pic?

For the moment I've just taken the access panel off - problem sorted!! Suppose I shouldn't leave it like that

Comment

For the moment I've just taken the access panel off - problem sorted!! Suppose I shouldn't leave it like that
              You already know the answer to that question. Why don't you just take it back to whomever did the work and get them to do it correctly, instead of this slap job they appear to have done?

Comment

the circular bit in the middle?
                Yep. Just check to make sure it's there. I can't see any other reason this side is sitting down other than major chassis damage.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X