Coolant????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant????

Wont be long before i'm ready to fill it up after a good flushing, so i'm wondering whats this coolant? i've always used distilled water and antifreeze and must admit the first i heard about special coolant was on here, but cars had starting handles when i was doin it! so i guess progress has been made,
    whats the benifiet of this "coolant"? whats it made of? how much is it? do you still need to put antifreeze in there and where can i get it?
    Cheers Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

same $$$$ different label i think Ian

Comment

Originally posted by jamsironwork
      same $$$$ different label i think Ian
      Ahah yeah was thinking that, althought some on here swear by it i believe,

Comment

i was in toyotas the other day and noticed on their shelve 1 litre bottles of 'premixed' red coolant @ £4.75 a litre..
        i thought instantly i must get that and flush my system.. and then thought erm, to fill my system would probably cost my arm, and then what if i loose a little and need to top it up, will i have to spend that much to top it up???
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
          i was in toyotas the other day and noticed on their shelve 1 litre bottles of 'premixed' red coolant @ £4.75 a litre..
          i thought instantly i must get that and flush my system.. and then thought erm, to fill my system would probably cost my arm, and then what if i loose a little and need to top it up, will i have to spend that much to top it up???
          Yup it seems a bit expensive, i did a search and MattF reccons the best bet is
          comma green or blue coolant, i believe you cant mix anything with the red stuff, i asked as i wondered if it had anti corrision stuff in it, or other properties that reccomended it over good old distilled water and anti-freeze,
          could'nt see owt wrong with that and regular changes!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Yup it seems a bit expensive, i did a search and MattF reccons the best bet is
            comma green or blue coolant, i believe you cant mix anything with the red stuff, i asked as i wondered if it had anti corrision stuff in it, or other properties that reccomended it over good old distilled water and anti-freeze,
            could'nt see owt wrong with that and regular changes!

Have a look on Ebay Ian, I picked up 12X 1 litre bottles of texaco green anti-freeze/coolant for £8 last month.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Have a look on Ebay Ian, I picked up 12X 1 litre bottles of texaco green anti-freeze/coolant for £8 last month.
              bl00dy bargain. i cant find it though.

i will be changing my coolant before i drive to italy. is normal antifreeze ok?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X