defiantly jinxed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defiantly jinxed!!

Hi, having just had the head replaced after cracking the blinking thing, it runs beautiful. just wish it started that way!
    If i wait for the beep after the light goes out, it starts fine, if i just wait for the light, it starts like a bag of $$$$ then after about 20-30 seconds smooths out lovely. it never did this before as always only waited for the light. any ideas?

Wait for the beep before staring. Glow plugs are fully charged then and stay defiant in the face of adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by alisonb
      Hi, having just had the head replaced after cracking the blinking thing, it runs beautiful. just wish it started that way!
      If i wait for the beep after the light goes out, it starts fine, if i just wait for the light, it starts like a bag of $$$$ then after about 20-30 seconds smooths out lovely. it never did this before as always only waited for the light. any ideas?

One or more of the glowplugs are on their way out.

25 quid for a set or four.

I always wait for the beeeeep or the 'clunk' of the relay as the light goes out too soon.

Comment

glow plugs

garage changed the glow plugs, but i suppose it is possible to get the wrong ones? just annoying as i say, it never did it before, always started fine before the beep.

Comment

I have just had exactly the same problem. Head changed now will not start as quick as it used to. I also now have to leave it to the beep. It seems like ages but it starts no problem. If I start it when the light goes aout it too runs like a bag of sh&^.
          I am glad it is not only me but do not understand why. Anyone have ananswer to why the same glow plugs in a new head change the start timea???

Just thought I would let you know your not alone.
          2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
          To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5

Comment

Originally posted by alisonb
            garage changed the glow plugs, but i suppose it is possible to get the wrong ones? just annoying as i say, it never did it before, always started fine before the beep.

Make sure the 80a glo fuse hasn't blown in the fuse box under the bonnet.

Comment

Working...
            X