Aaarrrgghhhh !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarrrgghhhh !!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice guys, i have changed the thermostat again, fitted a new water pump, burped the coolant, replaced the fluids, then it ran fine for 30 mins. took her for a drive - no probs until i took her up a few hills, the fluid in the expansion tank is boiling and it popped the lid of the expansion tank, temperature went up and down with each gear change and finally went into the red whilst going up the hill to my dads house where i switched it off. cooland boiled and spewed out of the expansion tank. i have run out of ideas now !!!! prior to all this (mentioned in previous threads) i have put on a new head and complete gasket set. please help, i am now at my wits end !!! IGGISAIL

I think you had better check the coolant if you have any left for combustion gasses then have a word with whoever supplied and/or fitted the head, it don't look good to me
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Aaarrgghhh !!!!

The head came in a box with the car when i bought it, was in perfect condition (i think !!!!) can i get the coolant gas tested any where ?? what would this reveal ?? would it tell me if there were exhaust /combustion gases in the coolant ? any help is very much appreciated !! I am at my wits end, IGGISAIL XXXXxx

Comment

Originally posted by IGGISAIL
        The head came in a box with the car when i bought it, was in perfect condition (i think !!!!) that looks a bit questionable now!can i get the coolant gas tested any where ?? Most garages should be able to test for you or do a serch on here I am sure someone bought one recentlywhat would this reveal ?? that there is a problem with head/block/gasketwould it tell me if there were exhaust /combustion gases in the coolant ? any help is very much appreciated !! I am at my wits end, IGGISAIL XXXXxx
        kisses not necessary
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X