Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil at back wheel

just got my surf back from garage and oil is pouring out of back left wheel
    on garage reciept one of items repaired was the BUSH can anyone tell me if this would be why there is oil???can't go back to garage as 300 miles away now...don't want nasty london garage to charge me £400 for something simple....p.s just had m.o.t all good...

Its either a rear wheel cylinder or the rear axle bearing is stuffed and the seal is worn. Not sure what the bush is, there arn't any on the rear axle.

Neither should cost you that much, less than £100 for either problem if you come to me!

Originally posted by bowwow
    just got my surf back from garage and oil is pouring out of back left wheel
    on garage reciept one of items repaired was the BUSH can anyone tell me if this would be why there is oil???can't go back to garage as 300 miles away now...don't want nasty london garage to charge me £400 for something simple....p.s just had m.o.t all good...
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Check to see if its oil or brake fluid. I have an oil seal go on the off side rear that left oil everywhere. Took a lot of effort to get the bearing off to change the seal, not something I would have been able to do myself.
      2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
      To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5

Comment

Working...
      X