Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable to non-adjustable shocks

hi everyone,

so the surf failed the mot on the shock absorbers. the 2 nearside ones are screwed and the 2 offside ones are well on the way to being screwed, so i purchased a complete set of gas shockers from milner, cause no way can i afford the adjustable ones!!

anyway, i have fit the front ones already, but i cant find info anywhere about removing the cables, pipes, etc for the adjusting solenoid part that fits on the top of the old shocks. ideally i'd like to be able to keep it all intact so that if i ever want to fit adjusting shocks back on it, or i come to sell it, it can be done without much bother. is it possible to detach the thing from the cables or do you have to take the whole lot out?
    the manual i've got doesnt have anything about adjustable shockers ye see, tis a haynes book for hilux and 4runner.

thanks for any info
    x.

Originally posted by Big Bad Wolvey
    hi everyone,

so the surf failed the mot on the shock absorbers. the 2 nearside ones are screwed and the 2 offside ones are well on the way to being screwed, so i purchased a complete set of gas shockers from milner, cause no way can i afford the adjustable ones!!

anyway, i have fit the front ones already, but i cant find info anywhere about removing the cables, pipes, etc for the adjusting solenoid part that fits on the top of the old shocks. ideally i'd like to be able to keep it all intact so that if i ever want to fit adjusting shocks back on it, or i come to sell it, it can be done without much bother. is it possible to detach the thing from the cables or do you have to take the whole lot out?
    the manual i've got doesnt have anything about adjustable shockers ye see, tis a haynes book for hilux and 4runner.

thanks for any info
    x.
    there is a cable connecting block on each shock so just follow the cable from the shocks and you will find the connector block.Dont forget to tape over the ends after to prevent moisture getting to the electrics
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ah ha, got it, thanks! my hands were finding another wire as i went down the cable, dont know what i was trying to pull off!?!

anyway, tis nice to find a job on the surf thats pretty easy to do for once!!! all the stuff i've done so far has turned into a right mission!

gonna do the back shocks tomoro

Comment

good luck with doing them as you will be doing it blind so to speak as you cant see what your doing cause of the chasis in the way
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cable ties worked for me i just put them out of the way...

Comment

Squirt some silicone into the connector blck, to keep the water out.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
            X