Diesel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel leak

Horray finally sorted out the pump leak, got the o rings from milners but what i wasn't told was that the big nut that you have to take of(the one were the plug goes on) has an o ring in it, and just my luck when i refit it. it leaks damm, so i thought i would use one from the set i bought only to find none fit?. so i had to source one to fit got it and its fine now thank god but for how long is anyones guess,when i phoned up and enquired the set they do isn't for the electronic one so only the square top one fits,so for anyone who may get this problem make sure you get the other one first.
    Last edited by chowie; 7 June 2007, 22:19. Reason: dodgey spelling

hi, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Where did you get the seal kit from??

I have the mechanical pump on my '89 2.4TD which also has a leak on the distributor block.

How easy was it to replace the seals, did you have to remove the pump?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hi bob i have the same truck as you and had the dreaded diesel leak. I changed the seals myself as the garage i tried never got back to me! Anyway it is a right sh1t of a job. I did it with the pump in situ.

You have to take of the top rad hose and the hoses that are below the rad cap that go towards the rear of the engine bay. Then once you have removed everything that is easy to remove to give yourself as much room as possible. if you want to get the pump properly set up you will have to take it off. But I marked the position of all the adjustable screws so i could put it back to how it was. did take a bit of fiddling and most of the day but as its the first time i have tried anything like this, not to bad i think!?! got my seal kit from milners for about a tenner. It was the small round seal that goes on the little bar that is at the front of the pump that goes through the top plate. After taking it to pieces i just looked at how it was set up to get an idea of what did what, then when putting it back together it made sense where everything went. If you get what i mean.

Good luck if you try it let us know how it goes.
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
      X