Any truth to TP filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth to TP filters?

In my search for an oil filter, I happened across some info regarding toilet paper bypass filters. A small portion of your oil flow is redirected from the regular filter into a filter housing that contains an entire roll of toilet paper. The idea being that all of the small particles in the oil that the regular filter can't catch will be caught by the TP. When you change your oil filter, you also change the TP roll in the additional filter housing.

Does this work? Is it worth buying?

Originally posted by SkydiverBC
    Does this work? Is it worth buying?
    My opinion, yes and yes. You could make your own. Matt from this site was doing this. Don't know if he completed it yet. I am going to do the same when I get around to it.

Nev

Comment

Here's a couple of links to previous discussions on the Aussie site.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...=bypass+filter

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...=bypass+filter

Nev

Comment

I've actually seen a car that came from factory.. cept it held 2 tp rolls... no regular filter... it was an old old ford i think like a 1940-1960 ish.. the guy who had it told me my old mistu based 4x4

Comment

My apologies for bringing this back from the dead, but i wanted to check on any updates, and how you have installed and plumbed it.

Comment

when i did my apprenticship,all the thenunits(scammells,freighters and dodge's) had this system fitted.it was i seem to remember called a kleenoil system.it had the advantage of increasing the length of time an oil service was due,all you did was unscrew the top and replace the (toilet) roll,and on a large fleet of vehicles it saved a few quid on maintainence costs
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Well, I, sort of, got sidetracked from fitting mine. Every bit of info on these things does point to them making an improvement. The filter housing I got hold of to use for mine is a LR SeriesI/II/III oil filter housing. It's perfectly sized for a bog roll. Still have all the bits sat on the bench, just not got around to fitting it yet.

Comment

tut tut tut.!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Well, I, sort of, got sidetracked from fitting mine. Every bit of info on these things does point to them making an improvement. The filter housing I got hold of to use for mine is a LR SeriesI/II/III oil filter housing. It's perfectly sized for a bog roll. Still have all the bits sat on the bench, just not got around to fitting it yet.
                  what!!!! you havnt done it yet. are you sure you dont wanna borrow my time machine.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Comment

I already have the filtering unit, I am just wondering about the best way to get it hooked up to the engine. I haven’t seen any 24mm sandwich adapters.
                      Last edited by Dust; 24 October 2007, 03:12.

Comment

Method I'm going to use is replacing the blanking plug on the bottom of the oil cooler with a hose fitting, then the return probably being tee-d into the turbo? return pipe.

Comment

Working...
                        X