Oil in Intake pipes/maifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in Intake pipes/maifold

There is engine oil coming from all four Intake manifold to head joints. i have traced the oil back past the turbo to the rocker cover breather hose entry. which also has oil seeping out.
    there is obviously alot of oil being pushed out the breather pipe and its making its way down to the manifold.
    i would like some sugestions as to why this is happening.
    The oil pressure seems to be at a normal level.
    Oil change was done about four mounths ago and i may have overfilled it a little which could have contributed.
    Anyway i guess ill have to change the gasket now that its leaking.
    Is there any other problems associated with this simptom?

I have noticed that some people have taken the breather hose off and installed a catcher. But does the pipe not need a lower pressure on that end? hence why it was designed like that.

or i could be thinking way to deep and have it all wrong.
    Last edited by The G-unit; 28 May 2007, 07:02. Reason: extra thoughts

The main cause of the oil vapour in the intake is the design of the breather outlet in the rocker cover. When the engine is at high RPM the oil that is splashing around the camshaft also gets thrown out of the breather spout.
    Some people on the Aussie site have fitted a deflector inside the rocker cover to reduce the amount of oil expelled out through the breather, or you could just fit a catch can.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      The main cause of the oil vapour in the intake is the design of the breather outlet in the rocker cover. When the engine is at high RPM the oil that is splashing around the camshaft also gets thrown out of the breather spout.
      Some people on the Aussie site have fitted a deflector inside the rocker cover to reduce the amount of oil expelled out through the breather, or you could just fit a catch can.
      ive put a mini K&N on mine. but catch tank is better... a lot better. and cheaper if you do it old skool and use a red bull can.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
      X