Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting out - another reason?

3 Questions guys.

I still have my cutting out issue, I realised that alot of the time I run the car when it is nearly out of fule (sometimes the fuel light comes on)

1. Could running the fuel low allow shoite to be dragged through to the filter from the fuel tank?

2. Could a blocked fuel filter be to blame for the engine being starved of fuel and cutting out during journeys (coming to rest at stops etc)?

2. If I buy a new fuel filter from Milner's or wherever are there any instructions on here for swapping my old one out?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Originally posted by Razorhoof
    3 Questions guys.

I still have my cutting out issue, I realised that alot of the time I run the car when it is nearly out of fule (sometimes the fuel light comes on)

1. Could running the fuel low allow shoite to be dragged through to the filter from the fuel tank? yes

2. Could a blocked fuel filter be to blame for the engine being starved of fuel and cutting out during journeys (coming to rest at stops etc)?possible

2. If I buy a new fuel filter from Milner's or wherever are there any instructions on here for swapping my old one out?http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelfilter.htm
    some answers

Comment

1/ yup

2/ Havn't you changed it yet?? That was one of the first things we told you to change months ago!

3/ Its pretty simple, unplug the wire that comes out the bottom of the filter, pull the fuel hoses off, unbolt the pump head from car.

Then put the pump head in a vise, unscrew the plastic fitting at the bottom, unscrew the filter from the housing, fit new filter, refit plastic fitting (water sensor float) and bung it back on.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

just a quick question, a little off subject, but what's the internal diameter of the fuel line going into the pump?
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I don't own a vice :o( LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
            I don't own a vice :o( LOL!!!!
            use an oil filter removal strap then
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Well, I obviously don't own one of those do I softlad :o)

Is it possible to rag it off with my hands or will they end up looking like a griffins claw?

Comment

Try it, that will give you your answer.

Comment

Surely that is why I pay my £10 isn't it Hornet?

Comment

No, they are all different depending on when last changed and what with.

Comment

ok, cool. Will give it a go then.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                        just a quick question, a little off subject, but what's the internal diameter of the fuel line going into the pump?
                        Fuel line I/D's are 8mm for the 2.4, 10mm for the 3.0L, at the filter end. I don't think it steps down in any fashion before the IP itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          Fuel line I/D's are 8mm for the 2.4, 10mm for the 3.0L, at the filter end. I don't think it steps down in any fashion before the IP itself.
                          Thanks
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

you get this sorted yet?

Hey Mr Razor, you get your startup problem sorted yet?
                            I get a similar issue: start, drive, all OK. stop for a while, wont start - will turn over happily, no smoke, doesnt fire up.
                            changed fuel filter, air filter and primed.
                            after standing for a while ( an hour usually does it) starts perfectly.

sound familiar?

advice please if you got yours sorted.

cheers
                            If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                            X