How common a problem is this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How common a problem is this one

92/93 Surf and that stupid back window is now playing up. Still sort of works, but now I have to help it up and down with my hand. I am guessing this is a regular problem, but what to do, and what’s the normal cause. Thanks to those who know!!!

P.S WD40 helped a bit, but still not right!

Take the cover off the internal part of the door, and service the moving parts ie the steel runners that the wheels run in!
    then spray the side rubbers with spray silicone this will help to reduce the friction of the glass on the rubber. I have to do mine every year or i get the same result as you.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Wow thats quick

All ive done so far, is take that black cover off, and go mad with WD40, sprayed the stuff, everywhere, as said did help quite a lot, but was still not perfect. Now it started sticking again. Is WD40 not good enough ?

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with wd40 realy, just that after time it does evaporate leaving no lube to the parts.
        I would be tempted to use a spray grease instead.
        Get some silicone though and spray the rubbers to stop drag..
        0r you could just carry some wd40 round wiv ya and just keep spraying

Comment

Thanks a lot

Well when it stops raining over here, I will give another go!

Comment

Were not the only one's wiv plenty of rain then!

Comment

Check the metal runner on the bottom of the glass... if it is anything like mine there was a lot of corrosion in it causing the plastic wheels to drag. In my case i had to fabricate two new runners from a celica drivers door and fit them to the existing glass clamps.

Comment

Wd40's good for about 24-48 hrs, spray with a silicone based oil and coat sliders and runners with vasaline. Worked a treat on mine and lasted 5 months so far and still going strong.
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

On rubber, use graphite. Anything else has a tendency to creep over the glass. On the mech internally, a good marine grease will do the business.

Comment

i took all my covers off (this is easy) i lubed up everything, now about a month later its starting to get slow on its way up. i used silicone lube too
                    its a charecteristic!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I use spray wax the same GT spray wax I use for the Bike chain. It stays on longer.

JB
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                      X