fuel pump seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump seals

Right i think i have discovered the route of the fuel leak but wanted to check with you guys.

My truck seemed to be a bit lumpy and slow when cold so followed the advice on here and stuck a bottle of redex in quarter of a tank of fuel (am running on about 80%veg) seemed better starting and running BUT thats when i noticed the fuel leak!!!! could the redex of cleaned some cr@p that was keeping it sealed hence the leak? I am hopeing this is the case as it seems like the cheapest opition.

I have a non EFI engine and through searches on here see its not easy to change the seals on them. But i am gonna give it a go.

What i would like to know is has anyone done it and made a photo walk through??? If not then can i get any extra advice on how to do it? one of the things i REALLY REALLY need to know is, is the seal kit the same for the manual pump as it is for the EFI model? save me getting the wrong one.

Any help or advice would be great as i need to get the truck tip top for the trip to the offroading place kevin (sv1000spilot) found.

Thanks in advance
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

You have the leak as veg is thicker than diesel. Happens on mine if I put too much veg oil in.

Comment

the leak only happened after i put the redex in and for the last two tank fulls its been about that much veg. would it take that long to leak? I would of noticed as soon as it happened too as i am real paranoid about it leaking so check reguarly!

I will top it up with a 50/50 mix and see how that works before attempting to change seals see it it still leaks. thanks for the advice
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
      X