Air-con Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-con Pipes

Is it possible to spot weld/mend the pipes in the below picture as I have managed to blow a chunk out of the pipe on my unit?
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

it might braze up, but its a pressured system. if it was mine i'd want a replacement pipe
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

not sure if they are ally or steel pipes but either way a decent tig/mig welder should be able to do it...have you removed them from the vehicle? and do you mind me asking how you did it??!!
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Look in Wanted parts - Wheel of the front of A/C unit . no laughing!!
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          it might braze up, but its a pressured system. if it was mine i'd want a replacement pipe

How easy are pipes to replace? looks like a couple of bolts on top of unit but what about the end of the rubber hose that disapears toward back of the engine?
          www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
            Look in Wanted parts - Wheel of the front of A/C unit . no laughing!!
            crikey mate definately not laughing coulda been a lot worse...i just removed my air con from the bracket to do the cracked head...walked off to get my ciggies and came back to the hissing noise of the air con where the pressurevalve had pushed in against the battery!!!

Comment

ye I now know that the gas in the unit is not flammable after all the sparks yesterday. What made it worse was last night while I was at work the next door neighbour came round trying not to laugh to give the girlfriend the spanner that got launched. I thought I had lost it. He said he was going to come and help until he saw me doing the stupid walk and swearing then he couldnt stop laughing.
              www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

heres a pic of the damage done. Hoping it can be welded and that I wont have to go to hassle of renewing complete pipe.

Attachments button not working so here is the link

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t/DSC01657.jpg
                Last edited by ABE; 28 April 2007, 15:01.
                www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Here's a tip. Always remove negative battery terminals when working in engine bay. Avoids a lot of costly accidents and possible injury to self.

If disconnecting batteries completely always remove negative first and replace negative last when reinstalling.

Nev

Comment

I will definatley remember that in the future
                    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                      Here's a tip. Always remove negative battery terminals when working in engine bay. Avoids a lot of costly accidents and possible injury to self.

If disconnecting batteries completely always remove negative first and replace negative last when reinstalling.

Nev
                      must admit ive just done my head and never disconnected the battery!! i was more worried about losing the immobiliser/alarm/cd codes than catching the surf on fire DOH!!

Comment

Working...
                      X