which surf to keep 3.0ssrx limitd or 2.4 ssr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which surf to keep 3.0ssrx limitd or 2.4 ssr

I have ended up buying 2 surfs the first is a 3.0 ssr-x linmited L reg (94k miles) this is a lovely vehicle but i feel it might be heavy on fuel ?? the spare wheel carrier puts me off as i have a jetski and loading unloading out of the boot is a bit of a pain also it seems to have bigger wheels and tyres than the 2.4 surf
    The 2.4 surf is j reg with 83k on the clock it has a large sunroof that the other doesn't which i like , i have heard this engine is not as reliable as the other larger engine is this true ?? , is it better on fuel ??

Any tips on the above would be greatly received chers

hi

the 3.0 litre is generally accepted as the better engine, more power, pretty much the same fuel economy, about 25ish, and less liklihood of serious engine problems.

that said, if you have a good 2.4 it'll also serve you well, I have the 2.4 and its a good one, and there also seems to be a fair few probs with 3.0s on here too.

depends on condition / known histories etc of both I suppose as they are 15+ year old cars either way
    Biggus Truckus..

Comment

2.4. No worries.

I got a 2.4 with 192432 km on the clock, the head went at 179thousand...ish. I thrash the knickers off her. Long road trips and off roading too. She is so cool, she blows smoke at anyone i put my foot down in front of and marks her spot wherever i park her, but taking her to garage today, i think its the injectors. As with any motor vehicle, the more you look after it, the better it will serve you.
      Surf on DOOOOOD!!!

Comment

nick all the good bits off the 2.4 so they are all on the 3.0 and sell the 2.4
        i thought the 2.4 would be cheaper on fuel, its why i got a 2.4. the insurance is the same price whatever engine i have found.
        if i knew the fuel economy was the same, i would of got the 3.0. gutted.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X